The 99 Generals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 99 Generals

Miami Jackson Sr High Graduating Class Of 99

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Mia. Jacksons HomePage
Picnic Info
Cruise Info
Passport Info
Poll
Do you think that Obama will help improve the economy?
Yes
Reunion Events  (Revised 1/7/09) I_vote_lcap95%Reunion Events  (Revised 1/7/09) I_vote_rcap
 95% [ 18 ]
No
Reunion Events  (Revised 1/7/09) I_vote_lcap5%Reunion Events  (Revised 1/7/09) I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Clock

Reunion Events (Revised 1/7/09)

Go down 
3 posters

Which of the 3 events best suit you?
2day 1 night cruise to Bahamas (Includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, round trip fare, and hotel reservations. We get to spend a day and a half on the island for about $180 per person and still be back for the picnic on Sunday)
Reunion Events  (Revised 1/7/09) I_vote_lcap83%Reunion Events  (Revised 1/7/09) I_vote_rcap
 83% [ 15 ]
1day cruise to Bahamas (Includes breakfast, and dinner for about $120 per person and still be back for the picnic on Sunday ) We only get to spend 4 hours on the island before we have to board the ship to return.
Reunion Events  (Revised 1/7/09) I_vote_lcap6%Reunion Events  (Revised 1/7/09) I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Continue on with the plans for the 3 day cruise which will cost upwards of $400 dollars per person. (If we choose this option, we will have to do away with the picnic, or schedule it the very next weekend)
Reunion Events  (Revised 1/7/09) I_vote_lcap11%Reunion Events  (Revised 1/7/09) I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Corey Williams
Admin
Admin
Corey Williams

Male
Number of posts : 217
Job/hobbies : Self Employed. Chillin, and Playing Video Games Online
Humor : Clowning
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Reunion Events  (Revised 1/7/09) Empty
PostSubject: Reunion Events (Revised 1/7/09)   Reunion Events  (Revised 1/7/09) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:37 pm

OK so here's the deal. We had initially planned to have a picnic and a 3 day cruise to Bahamas that would leave on Friday 6/12/09 at 4pm and would return on Monday 6/15/09 at 8am. The initial price for this cruise was $368.00 per person. This rate was a group rate, and at least 50 members had to have their deposits in by the deadline to obtain this rate! Being that we didn't meet the requirements, we can no longer get that rate! The current rate is almost $120 bucks higher. I asked who wanted to attend the events and more than 50 people replied back that they would attend but only 35 of you sent in deposits. OK now as far as the picnic, we were planning to have one at CB smith park. The majority of you voted for it so that was the final , but we are currently looking into a pavilion at Grenold's Park. in which we all can decide on.

In the past few days, I've received over 50 emails from members stating that either they could not afford to go on the cruise or because they couldn't find someone to babysit their children from Friday till Monday. (technically 4 days) As bad as I would like to do a 3 day cruise, I also want to accommodate everyone! We have to remember that this is a class reunion and it's about spending time with old classmates. The events do not make the reunion, its the c/o 99 that makes the reunion. With that said..... we would like to come up with idea's for the reunion that will accommodate everyone, because we don't want to leave anyone behind. Times are kind of hard right now and we need to be considerate of the people who may have lost jobs or have gotten pay cuts, it could happen to any of us!

We have a few options in mind when it comes to planning the reunion:

Option 1

We are currently looking at a 2 day 1 night cruise to Bahamas which includes hotel reservations. The cruise will leave out Friday (6/12/09) at 7:45am and will return Saturday night (6/12/09) at 10pm , leaving us time to attend the picnic on Sunday. (Hey we can even meet up Saturday night on south beach after the cruise!)
This package should cost no more than $ 225 per person total! That includes transportation to and from Bahamas, your hotel reservations on the island, Breakfast and Lunch (Buffet Style) while on the ship, deposits for the picnic and food, and T-Shirts! Once again this is a package deal. (This is not a confirmed price yet but the final price will be very close to it)

Option 2
We have also considered a 1 day cruise to Bahamas which would leave out on June 13th @ 7:45 am and return the same night at 10 pm. The ship will dock Nassau, Bahamas at 1pm and will leave post at 4:45 pm (We would only have 3hrs and 45 min. on the island. The price would be $89 dollars for this cruise alone and the package price for the cruise, picnic and T-Shirt would be about $120 - $130 bucks! (Again this is not the final price but it will be very close!)

There are various options pertaining to the cruise for additional costs and the prices and options are below:

Travel Insurance

7.3% of your total cost (14.60 minimum)

Cabins

Outside Standard w/ 2 single beds $80.00
Outside Superior w/ 2 single beds $95.00
Outside deluxe w/ queen bed & Sofa $150.00
Outside Handicapped w/2 single $95.00
Outside standard w 1 single $75.00
Inside with 2 singles $65.00
Inside with 1 single $65.00
Inside Handicapped w/ 1 single $75.00

In my opinion, I wouldn't waste my money for a cabin on the boat unless you really need one! The boat ride is only 5 hours each way, besides you will have a hotel waiting for you on the Island once you dock. Now if you are married and want to get freaky with your significant other, Handicapped and have special needs, or just want to get loose on the boat then you may want to consider purchasing a cabin. We don't want any foolishness going on in the hot tub, swimming pool or the boiler room. You do not have to purchase your rooms at the same time you are purchasing your tickets. You can purchase a cabin once you board the ship upon availability.

Hotels
You have up to 6 different hotel options to choose from. Some are cheaper and some are pricier. The rates I gave you above included the rates for the least expensive hotel! The hotel will also provide you with Breakfast & Dinner! The hotel rooms are equipped with 2 double beds which will accommodate 4 adults.

I think we may be able to save some money, but I will get back with you on that because I have to look further into it. Please is anyone has any further questions or didn't quite understand everything please give me a call and I will go over everything with you.

Corey Wimberly
770-367-4953
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/ItsYaBoyCorey
Margie Granja
Admin
Admin
Margie Granja

Female
Number of posts : 64
Humor : Happy :)
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Reunion Events (Revised 1/7/09)   Reunion Events  (Revised 1/7/09) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:59 am

OK! Why is it that there is 150 c/o 99 members & we only have a total of 11 votes? People log in everyday & look at the polls & at the conversations but aren't putting any input on what to do for the reunion! PEOPLE, June is right around the corner & if we don't have an opinion from everyone we might not be able to have everyone there at the reunion.
PLEASE vote & speak up! If you don't like the cruise idea at all then give your input on what can be done but please say something. Because I know that not only 11 of us graduated.
Your cooperation will be truly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Corey Williams
Admin
Admin
Corey Williams

Male
Number of posts : 217
Job/hobbies : Self Employed. Chillin, and Playing Video Games Online
Humor : Clowning
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Reunion Events (Revised 1/7/09)   Reunion Events  (Revised 1/7/09) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:09 pm

OH SHOOT LOOK AT MARGIE GETTIN ALL SPIFFY!!!!!! GET EM GIRL!!!! THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/ItsYaBoyCorey
Luisa Santiago
C/O 99
C/O 99
Luisa Santiago

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Reunion Events (Revised 1/7/09)   Reunion Events  (Revised 1/7/09) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:08 pm

Well guys, I have voted for the first option that we had back from Day 1 when this forum was created that is to have the full cruise from friday to monday, but i'm also good for the 2 day as well, but hey for the 1 day it don't make sense. so yes people, please vote on time so we can have everything plan in time and not plan things at the last minute, i live in new york n there's other people that need to fly from far as well for the reunion, so please we need to know exactly what time frame we need to use for our reunion as well, thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sexiepunkielulu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reunion Events (Revised 1/7/09)   Reunion Events  (Revised 1/7/09) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reunion Events (Revised 1/7/09)
Page 1 of 1